Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

More driving!

The sun was out again today and it may have hit 40F.  Last night I swapped out the RPM wires with shielded cable and this morning I tested it out and put 16 miles on the car at high speeds (80-100MPH) without any issues.

Wahoo! Things seem to be working for now.

After getting home and charging at a nice slow 6amps all afternoon, the charger reported ~42AH going into the pack which roughly equates to 13.4KWH.  Which means while driving at high speeds, the car burns 839WH/Mile which is about 1.2 Miles per KWH.

So traveling at high speeds, I should budget about 32 miles of range, which leaves 5.1KWH buffer so I don't wreck the batteries...  Good to know.  Tomorrow I will do some more *normal* driving experiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment