Have you ever wanted to own an electric car? or have you ever wanted to drive a Porsche 911? I wanted both, so I decided to build one. This blog is here to document my journey as I convert a 2002 Porsche 911/996 Carrera 2 from a gas guzzler to a completely electric vehicle - not a hybrid!

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Snow...

I woke today to fresh snow!  How annoying as I really wanted to get out and drive.

The sun did come out and melt away the snow from the roads, so late afternoon, I took the car for a spin.  I drove 8.5 miles around 50MPH speeds.  I came home and charged up and put in 15AH of juice to fill it up (4.8KWH).  So at this rate, I'm burning 564WH/Mile which is about 1.8M per KWH.

So assume I want to use 84AH out of the pack which leaves a 5.1KWH buffer, I project a usable range of 47 miles at this speed.  If I burn the pack down to zero, its about 56Mile range.

I'm not sure how this will affect usable range yet, but its important to note the temperature was around 32F.

No comments:

Post a Comment